Recent General Posts
National Preparedness Month 2020
National Preparedness Month
Did You Know September is National Preparedness Month?
Have you taken steps in preparing for any type of emergency or natural disaster that could strike your home, your business or your community?
Have you lead any efforts in your community as a whole to become more prepared in the event of a natural disaster? Disasters happen and not only can devastate individuals and their property but entire neighborhoods and communities!
Here Are 4 Steps You Can Take To Prepare (ready.gov):
1. Make a Plan - Talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during, and after a disaster. Make sure your family is informed and practiced in your emergency plan. 2020 has been you unique year with the COVID-19 pandemic so make sure to update your plan based on the Centers for Disease Control recommendations due to the coronavirus.
2. Build a Kit - Gather emergency supplies that will last for several days after a natural disaster for everyone living in your home. Don’t forget to consider the unique needs each person or pet may have in case you have to evacuate quickly.
3. Prepare for Natural Disasters and Emergencies- Limit the impacts that disasters have on you and your family. Know the risk of disasters in your area and check your insurance coverage. Learn how to make your home stronger in the face of storms and other common hazards and act fast if you receive a local warning or alert.
4. Educate your kids, their friends and your family - Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated. Reassure them by providing information about how they can get involved. There are some great resources at ready.gov/september
Whether its a wildfire, flood, tornado or even an earthquake, we need to work together as a team to help ensure our families, friends, businesses, places of worship and our community as a whole are prepared.
Contact SERVPRO to find out how we can help make it "Like it never even happened," if a disaster strikes in your life.
We Truly Care About Your Opinions
Ar SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston, we are dedicated to restoring you home or business to preloss condition and make it "Like it never even happened." As a locally owned and operated franchise business, our goal is to provide you with the best possible outcomes and complete customer service satisfaction. It's our primary goal and it's paramount to our success! If you have had experience with using our services, we would appreciate you taking the time to share that experience. It helps us better serve you (our valued customers) and our community.
We want to thank you for allowing us to serve the Effingham, Mattoon and Charleston Illinois region and, "Than You" for choosing SERVPRO!
You can also leave us a review by "clicking" the link below. We strive for 5's!
Are You Ready to Join a Growing Company?
SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston Construction Services is a growing division within our company that is seeking a leaders who are wanting to grow with an expanding team. SERVPRO oof Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston are a Property Disaster Recovery company that services the Residential and Commercial Sector of all of South Central and Eastern and S. Illinois regions. We are looking for experienced Construction Project Managers, team leaders and people willing to be trained to fill a particular need within our company. Are you that indivdual that can work with our internal team and the coordination of sub-contractors.
Various positions requires construction knowledge, attention to detail and organization, dedication to go above and beyond and top leadership and communication skills. Working with contracts and understanding budgets is essential for this position. Having Xactimate experience is preferred but not necessary for Project Managers. If you want to join a growing team, your resumes can be emailed to : email@example.com
MEET OUR NEW DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS
Director of Business Development
WELCOME BRIAN MCCALLISTER
TEAM WOLFE would like to introduce Brian McCallister. Brian is one of our Directors of Business Development for our family of SERVPRO franchises. Brian has many years of experience along with extensive restoration knowledge.
Brian also works extensively as a mentor for our Large Loss Division, mentoring other SERVPRO franchises that have selected us to oversee them in the commercial side of things.
Brian's knowledge of the business is not only invaluable to us but those that look to TEAM WOLFE when the need arises.
Brian is IICRC certified in:
- Water Restoration Technology
- Advanced Structural Drying
- Fire & Smoke Restoration
- EPA Lead Mitigation
Message us or comment us on any restoration needs you may require or if you have a cleanup and restoration question! When you need a leader in Fire, Water and Smoke restoration and cleanup services, call (217) 536-6655. At SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston.
Indoor Air Quality in Effingham
Indoor air quality/environmental professionals evaluate the quality of the air inside a structure. Some specialize and are skilled in testing buildings for the presence of molds. Using various testing devices, these professionals collect air and surface samples to compare the indoor mold spore count to the outdoor environment. If you have concerns about mold, SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Chaleston can assist you in locating a qualified indoor air quality/environmental professional.
SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston cares about proper restoration of your structure. In most water damage situations excessive mold growth is not a problem and SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston can safely restore your building to preloss condition. The need to address the presence of mold can be determined by an on-site, indoor environmental inspection. Please keep in mind SERVPRO of Effingham, Mattoon, Charleston does not interpret insurance policies or coverage; you must consult your insurance company to determine the scope of policy coverage.
Carbon Monoxide - The Silent Killer
You can't see or smell carbon monoxide, but, at high levels, it can kill a person in minutes. Often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide, or CO, is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (like gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, and propane) burn incompletely.
According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) each year, more than 400 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning. It is estimated another 20,000 visit the emergency room, and more than 4,000 are hospitalized due to CO poisoning. All people and animals are at risk for CO poisoning, with some groups— including unborn babies, infants, and people with chronic heart disease, anemia, or respiratory problems— being more susceptible to the effects of carbon monoxide.
An excess of CO, leading to CO poisoning, can result from faulty furnaces or other heating appliances, portable generators, water heaters, clothes dryers, or idling cars left running in garages.
Taking some basic, precautionary steps can help eliminate the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Protect yourself by reviewing the following tips, provided by the United States Fire Administration:
- Have fuel burning appliances, like oil and gas furnaces, gas or kerosene heaters, fireplaces, and wood stoves inspected by a trained professional every year.
- Open the damper for proper ventilation before using a fireplace. Never use your oven or stovetop to heat your home.
- Make sure all fuel-burning vented equipment is vented to the outside to avoid CO poisoning. Keep the venting for exhaust clear and unblocked.
- If you need to warm a vehicle, remove it from the garage immediately after starting it. Never run a vehicle or other fueled engine or motor indoors, even if garage doors are open. Make sure the exhaust pipe of a running vehicle is not blocked with snow, ice, or other materials.
- Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove, and fireplace are clear of snow and other debris.
- Only use barbecue grills outside, away from all doors, windows, vents, and other building openings. Some grills can produce CO gas. Never use grills inside the home or the garage, even if the doors are open.
- Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all doors, windows, vents, and other building openings to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the home or business.
TEAM WOLFE Annual Golf Scramble
SAVE THE DATE. May 17th SERVPRO Golf Scramble
SAVE THIS DATE: May 17th, 2019!
SERVPRO of Effingham-Mattoon-Charleston Annual Golf Scramble
Save The Date! May 17th, 2019 is SERVPRO of Effingham-Mattoon-Charleston's Annual Golf Scramble and we anticipate an awesome. We will be holding it at Meadowview Golf Course in Mattoon, Illinois. Be sure and plan to come to this event so get your 4 member team together! There will be a flyer going out to all of our valued clients 30 days prior to the event. We will provide refreshments and will be serving a wonderful lunch prior to a shotgun start at 12:00pm noon.
There will be a Invitation Flyer going out 30 days prior to event.
Our Marketing team will be hand delivering an invitation for the SERVPRO Golf Scramble to all our wonderful clients 30 days prior to the event. It will contain all of the day's events and a place to fill in your team's names.
3 CE Class Illinois Ethics
Illinois Ethics Continuing Education
SERVPRO of Effingham-Mattoon-Charleston will be hosting a 3 HR "In Classroom" Illinois Ethics Class at our Effingham location in our TEAM WOLFE Conference room.
DATE: Thursday, March 15th, 2018
TIME: 9:00am - 12:00pm
This is avaialbe to all South-Central Illinois agents and/or adjusters that need this required 3 hour in-classroom training. If you need this class be sure and enroll before the scheduled date so we can make occomidations for all attendees.
at www.cedaddy.com before the scheduled date. CEDADDY will be giving a special discounted rate to SERVPRO clients so be sure and ask for it!
We will have breakfast items and refreshments for all attendees so no need to stop for eats as we will have items for your enjoyment upon arrival.
At SERVPRO of Effingham-Mattoon-Charleston, it's our pleasure to help provide a place to have these classes on a regular basis for our valued clients!
CeDaddy.com ETHICS CLASS
Our next hosted CEDaddy Ethics class will be held on February 13, 2018 at 9:00am in the Effingham Conference room at our location. Please sign up online at www.cedaddy.com and follow the prompts for registration. We will have refreshments waiting for you.