TESTING YOUR HOME FOR MOLD
There is quite a bit of contradictory advice when it comes to testing for mold in the home; namely, whether it’s a DIY-type job or one that calls for the experts. But as most things are, it’s not a black and white answer. With different circumstances it requires different approaches.
Here are some warning signs..
- Smell. The musty aroma accompanying mold is the only real tell-tale sign that you have a problem. Never had the misfortune of smelling mold? Well, lucky you!
- Allergies. Sneezing, runny nose or sore eyes? Chances are there are some mold lingering in your house.
- Serious health problems, such as damage to internal organs or mental impairment, can be indicative of toxic mold, which is a serious problem. So get figured out fast!
- Visible growth. Seeing mold is iron-clad proof that it exists, but often it’s the mold you can’t see that is most problematic. Mold is always hiding.
- Water problems. If your home has recently been flooded or you’ve suffered leaky pipes, chances are you’re going to have a mold problem. So don't push it off for a tomorrow problem..
Call in the Experts!
Although mold is an everyday problem that may seem to be more irritating than anything else, when toxic mold enters the equation it’s a whole new ball game. If you have the slightest suspicion about mold in your household contact SERVPRO of Effingham-Mattoon-Charleston Today at (217) 536-6655!